Traveling is a good idea, but it is very tough to travel in a long haul flight. But still, some people enjoy long-haul flights. Some journeys come to an end within the blink of an eye, while others drag on and on.
Here are some useful travel tips that will help you during long hours of flight journey:
Sit in the Back:
It is always advised to book seats long before your journey. The earlier you book, you get better seat. This should be done without any reminder. If in case you don’t get a favourite seat, then always go for the back. There is no doubt that it’ll be a bit noisier, but you may end up with an empty seat beside you.
Request for a Special Meal:
Food is one of the easy ways to make long journey tolerable. An interesting fact is that they are free in most of the flights. As the name suggests, special meals are superior and you will be served first. Most of the standard flights charge really high in terms of price on simple dishes and do lack in fiber. Always order fiber-rich foods like raw almonds and fresh fruits.
Drink Enough Water:
A journey in a flight means dehydration. So, stay hydrated and take enough water on the day before your journey, the day of journey, in the flight and also after that.
Never forget to bring your own water bottle. Fill it up before boarding or ask a flight attendant to fill it up during the journey. Keep in mind to stretch your body when you are awake because you may get cramps during the long hours of journey. Find time to walk near the bathroom area in order to stretch your legs.
Whether it is your first trip or the 20th one this year, making travelling blunders comes naturally to us and this can possibly ruin our trip. A little planning can go a long way.
Here are some of things that you absolutely need to keep in mind before you start packing your bags.
It is rather tempting to pack in all your favorite outfits for your vacation, but bear in mind that if you pack a lot of stuff, it will only get difficult for you to haul your luggage around. Not to mention the high baggage fees you might get stuck with for exceeding the standard weight limit. Rather, just pack your luggage as usual and then take out at least half the clothes you had originally planned. Laundering doesn’t sound like a bad idea.
2. Forgetting Your Cell Phone Plan
Knowing whether your cell phone plan is well covered is absolutely important. So, find out if you will be taxed with data roaming charges. If yes, then turn your data off and set it to airplane mode (you will still be able to connect with Wi-Fi). Consider buying a local SIM once you arrive or simply opt for a good international plan
3. Time Between Flights
It is a known fact that flights are unpredictable and if your flight gets delayed, you might have to rush to another airport to get your connecting flight. Things can get pretty cramped up if there is not much time between two flights. Therefore, always book them with a ‘safe’ buffer-time in between.
4. Not Grabbing Local Currency from the Airport
It is a golden rule to grab some local currency as soon as you reach your destination. You will need it for your cab or transportation fares and other miscellaneous activities. Withdrawing from the ATM present at the airport would be good idea.
Sticking by these guidelines will surely help you out. And you can enjoy your vacation to the fullest.
Travelling is a necessity for most people. It is a getaway from their monotonous routines and makes them feel rejuvenated. How would you want to make your next travel experience even better? Well, the answer is very simple. Hire a travel agent. While some of you may think that it would just be a waste of money, these merits of hiring a travel agent will make you realize that it is so much worth it.
Merits of Hiring a Travel Agent:
- Travel Agents Have a Lot of Wisdom to Impart– If your travel destination is a place like Rome, then just walking around the magnificent architecture will be no good. A travel agent will not only provide you with an exquisite tour of the destination, but will also narrate you the historical facts about it. And do not worry they are not boring at all. Some facts will really blow your mind.
- Travel Agents Are Experienced– When you are on a tour on your own for the first time, it might happen that you miss out on something, which is very interesting and might be the highlight of that particular destination. In such cases, if you have hired a travel agent, then he will be taking you to the best and the most interesting places and make sure that you have covered all the highlights.
- Travel Agents Have a Lot of Contacts– The travel agents have a vast circle of communication and most of the hotels and restaurants have tie-ups with them. If you have hired a good travel agent, then you might just get lucky and be able to save few bucks on great restaurant or secure a room in an awesome hotel.
London is well-known for its music scene and venues. Irrespective of whatever kind of event it is, whether it is corporate conference, live music, simple get-together, or a seminar, venues in London suit perfectly for your requirements. Here are top 5 live music venues in London that are worth taking a look.
Continue reading “Top Five Live Music Venues in London”
How Can Travellers Benefit From Some of the Latest Smartphone Apps?
There are several smartphone apps for travellers that come handy, and they are of great use before you leave and also when you are on the road. Almost all gadgets now come with apps, which directly or indirectly can be beneficial for you on your trip such as compass, alarm clock, calculator, weather and many more.
Continue reading “Know How Smartphone Apps Can Be Convenient for Travellers”